BSc. in Police Science
This is a Three Year Bachelor’s Degree Programme (SLQF level 5) offered by the Department of Police Science of the Faculty of Criminal Justice. The successful undergraduates will achieve the be given BSc in Police Science qualification. The medium of instruction of the degree programme is English. The course modules are taught by KDU academics and other University academics and professionals with a wealth of long-term experience in the relevant fields of study. The BSc in Police Science Degree Programme to be offered to police officers by KDU aims to enhance the professionalism of the undergraduates with the solemn objective of rendering a yeoman service to the nation.
The objectives of this programme are to develop graduates with:
- An in-depth knowledge of Policing, Criminology and Police Administration;
- Qualities, attitudes, characteristics, leadership skills and moral conduct, that are integral and essential qualities for effective functioning as a police officer;
- Communication, problem solving, team working and information-sharing skills reasoning and information-sharing skills which will contribute to decision;
- In-depth knowledge in the field of ICT and other pertinent subjects relevant for policing and enhance the skills associated with the subject matter;
- Enhanced knowledge and skills in language in English and the two official languages;
- Analytical reasoning and innovative thinking for performance in their career;
- Ability to undertake continuous training and professional development in principles and content in the field of Police Science.